Trustees and the Management Committee
The Management Committee are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
The Trustees that make up the management committee are appointed by the members at the Annual General Meeting, although the Management Committee can co-opt two members during the year.
- To ensure that the charity and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the organisations' governing document, continually striving for best practice in governance.
- To uphold the fiduciary duty invested in the position, undertaking such duties in a way that adds to public confidence and trust in the charity.
- To take appropriate professional advice in all matters where there may be material risk to the charity, or where the Trustees may be in breach of their duties. This course of action will ensure the obligation to exercise their duty of care.
- To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through good governance and clear strategic planning.
- To avoid any personal conflict of interest.
As the Management Committee are responsible and liable for the governance and functioning of the charity, they are accountable in varying degrees to a variety of stakeholders, including service users, members, funders, the Charity Commission, and Companies House. Close attention must be given to the governing document to ascertain the type of organisational structure and the range of interested parties.
Volunteer as a Trustee
For more information about the Management Committee and how to apply to become a Trustee please go to the Get Involved section of our website.
Our Management Committee currently has seven members. Our Chair, Jonathan Cole, was first elected at the AGM in November 2007.
Jonathan Cole Chair
Philip Edwards Treasurer
Julie Anne Dawson